Front Desk Associate
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
The Front Desk Associate has the important role of ensuring the guests have a positive first and last impression of Reiman Gardens. The responsibilities of this position include: providing customer service to the Gardens’ guests; processing guest admissions; promoting and selling memberships and upcoming events; assisting with scooters; acquainting guests with local attractions, restaurants and hotels; answering questions and providing accurate helpful information; assisting rental clients locating room assignments; and opening and closing the facilities.
This position will need to interact with guests and Gardens’ staff in a positive and tactful manner and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. An Associate must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills including customer service. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the Internet, as well as knowledge of Gardens’ facilities, features, and events are also necessary. Point-of-sale register experience is preferred but we can train.
Shifts are scheduled as follows:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 12:30 and 12:30 – 5:00
Saturdays & Sundays: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm and 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Monday – Friday: 8:00 – 1:00; 9:30 am – 2:30 pm & 1:00 6:00
Saturdays & Sundays: 8:30 am – 1:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Under direct supervision, performs routine and repetitive clerical duties to assist in a temporary capacity (less than 780 hours per fiscal year) in telephone surveys, at workshops, conferences, camps and other special events.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in collating, stapling, and distributing handouts, and printed materials.
• Assists in registering participants at workshops and conferences by checking names, distributing packets, selling tickets and collecting fees.
• Gathers information from prepared questions to complete telephone surveys.
• Answers the telephone and relays messages.
• Makes copies and operates facsimile machines.
• Runs errands both on the campus and away from the campus.
• Assists visitors in locating room assignments, campus locations, and local establishments such as dining facilities, local sites of interest and shopping malls.
• Performs routine and repetitive clerical tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to operate office equipment.
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Posting Close Date:
March 31, 2020