Admissions, Hours & Directions
Reiman Gardens is temporarily closed due to COVID-19.
VIEW UPDATES ABOUT COVID-19 AT REIMAN GARDENS
General Admission Fees:
- $9 general admission
- $8 for seniors ages 65 and up
- $4.50 for youth ages 2-12
- Free for youth under 2
- Members from participating AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program institutions receive two complimentary general admissions OR one general admission and two youth (2-12) admissions.
- Free for full-time ISU students.
- Free for active duty military and one guest with active duty military ID.
- Free for individuals and families presenting a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID for up to four individuals per EBT card.
- View our days featuring special admission rates HERE.
|General Admissions (expires in 1 year):||
General Admissions (valid for one year)
You can apply your day’s admission towards the purchase of an annual membership. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Hours of Operation
- Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Open daily year round from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. including outdoor gardens, Conservatory, Butterfly Wing, and Gift Shop.
- Extended summer hours from May 1 to September 30
- 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. includes outdoor gardens, Conservatory, and Gift Shop
- Summer Butterfly Wing hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Conservatory will be closed for exhibit change outs on the following days. The rest of Reiman Gardens remains open.
- From May 17 through 22
- From August 16 through 21
- From November 15 through 20
Note: With close proximity to Iowa State University’s Jack Trice Football Stadium, there is no guest parking available on home football game days. Check the Iowa State football schedule HERE. Call (515) 294-2710 for more information.
Location & Directions
- Some smart phones and GPS list Reiman Gardens and our mailing address 1407 University Blvd. in the wrong location.
- Instead of entering Reiman Gardens or our address, enter into the map’s search field “intersection of University Boulevard and South 16 Street Ames”. Find the map below with directions to our entrance from the intersection of University Blvd. and S. 16 St.
Wheelchairs & Electric Scooters
Reiman Gardens provides wheelchairs and electric scooters for those with mobility issues free of charge during your visit. No reservations are required. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To use a scooter or wheelchair, inform the Front Desk Associate upon your arrival.
Map of Reiman Gardens
- Click on the map to view larger.