- Reiman Gardens is a natural place for kids to run and explore but is not a public park or playground. Please be respectful of our living exhibits, artwork, and property.
- Youth aged 13 and under must be under the supervision of an adult.
- Guests may not enter non-public areas without authorization.
- Remain on paths and turf. Do not wade or swim in ponds, streams or fountains other than the splash pad in the Children’s Garden.
- Shirts and shoes are required to be worn at all times.
- You may smell or gently touch plants, but please do not remove flowers, leaves, seeds, or fruit from any plants in the gardens.
- Active sports not provided by the Gardens are prohibited.
- Fighting, throwing objects, or threatening others is prohibited.
- We do not tolerate harassment, discrimination, abusive or discriminatory language, or aggressive or destructive behaviors.
- Soliciting, loitering, political campaigning, and/or selling of any kind is not permitted without prior authorization.
Frequently Asked Questions
Reiman Gardens staff and volunteers work together to ensure the inclusion and accessibility of all who visit Reiman Gardens. We desire to practice anti-racism, inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in all areas of our work. We seek opportunities to partner with individuals and community organizations who align with this statement and our mission. We welcome opportunities to listen, learn, and improve in these areas. We expect all visitors, clients, third parties, staff, and volunteers to abide to this diversity statement and reserve the right to ask any parties to leave if they are unable to join us in these goals.
Picnicking is allowed anywhere in the outdoor garden areas, as long as they are not reserved. Visitors may not occupy spaces reserved for rentals, education programs, or events. Whenever possible, we will post signs in rooms and areas ahead of an upcoming reservation, but may ask visitors to relocate if necessary.
You are permitted to bring in your own meals and beverages, but alcohol is only permitted under terms of a Reiman Gardens’ rental package.
Formal/informal groups or parties are not allowed to hold meetings, weddings, memorial services, christenings, or other events at the Gardens unless contracted with a rental agreement and with notice given in advance to Reiman Gardens. Food and beverages served during a rental agreement must abide by all Rental Policies and Procedures.
Yes! Our gift shop is the perfect place to start or end your adventure at Reiman Gardens. Explore our variety of home and garden décor, wind chimes, books, children’s items and Iowa State University gear. We feature local Iowa artisans and smaller personal gifts and mementos from your visit with us. Beverages and snacks are available for purchase also. No admission fee is required to shop at the Gift Shop, and all proceeds benefit our education programs, plants, butterflies and everything that makes the Gardens such a breathtaking experience.
Members of Reiman Gardens receive a 10% discount on purchases (some exclusions for special purchases, sales and clearance items).
The Gift Shop is open daily. Contact the Reiman Gardens Gift Shop by calling 515-294-9082 or emailing email@example.com.
Your support of Reiman Gardens through your purchases at the Gift Shop is greatly appreciated!
Yes, parking in lot S1 and S2 is free during open hours and during events, but is not available overnight or during home Iowa State University football games. Lot S3 is also available for overflow parking during public events.
Wheelchairs and motorized scooters are available to check out on a first-come, first-served basis at the front desk upon arrival. We do not take reservations in advance.
Yes, adult group tours, school group tours, and self-guided explorations are all available by reservation. Visit our Tours and School Programs page for more information.
Service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are permitted inside the Gardens, including the Christina Reiman Butterfly Wing.
Photography, still and video, is permitted for private, non-commercial use only. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever without written consent of Reiman Gardens. Absolutely no professional photographers are allowed in the Butterfly Wing. Reiman Gardens reserves the right, and its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises or to reproduce photographs of objects in its collection. For complete policy, including policies for commercial and wedding photographers.
As a unit of Iowa State University, all use of tobacco (in any form, including chewing tobacco) and electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes or vape pens) is prohibited.
Firearms are not allowed at Reiman Gardens.